Soil Sampling SOILutions
Why Choose Us?
- Proven track record providing fertility recommendations on over 60,000 Hi-Line acres annually since 2017.
- Unbiased, yield-based fertilizer recommendations by a 4-R Nutrient Stewardship certified Professional Agronomist including Rate, Source, Placement and Timing.
- Experienced with multiple sampling styles (composite, grid, management zone) and technologies (lab, Nutri-Scan). We work with you to implement a soil sampling program that’s right for your operation.
- Precise 2-depth sample collection georeferenced for accuracy year after year.
- 1, 2-depth composite sample submitted for analysis consisting of multiple cores from across a given field
- Typical starting place for implementing a soil sampling program. Gives a reference to general field fertility levels and historical management practices.
- Field-by-field fertilizer recommendations based on yield goals, fertility levels and crop type.
Zone Sampling (Variable Rate):
- Multiple 2-depth samples collected and submitted from various production zones identified within your fields.
- Provides baseline fertility levels for multiple production (management) zones across a given field typically used in conjunction with variable rate prescriptions (RX).
- Zone-by-zone fertilizer recommendations for Nitrogen, Phosphorus & seed based on yield goals, fertility levels and crop type.
Composite Sampling (Variable Rate)
- 2-depth samples are collected in a grid pattern (typically 10 acres or less) across a field.
- Provides an in-depth look at varying soil fertility levels in a field but fails to address the question of varying yield potential for variable rate application.
- Typically cost prohibitive in low-production areas due to the high costs associated with sample collection and analysis.